Blood Drive at the Momentary
To help manage donor flow and social distancing at blood drives, a scheduled appointment to donate is required.
The Momentary and Community Blood Center of the Ozarks are hosting a blood drive in the RØDE House to help ensure a stable supply of blood is available in our community throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.
The need for blood is constant, and only volunteer donors can fulfill that need for patients in our community. Donating blood products is essential to community health, and eligible donors are strongly urged to donate. Community Blood Center of the Ozarks is the exclusive provider of blood to all of our area hospitals. Please join our lifesaving mission and schedule an appointment today!
To help manage donor flow and social distancing at blood drives, a scheduled appointment is required to donate. Schedule an appointment online here.
Please note: Only eligible and healthy people are permitted to give blood.
At each blood drive, Community Blood Center of the Ozarks employees follow thorough safety protocols, including:
- Wearing gloves and changing them before interacting with each donor
- Wiping down donor-touched areas after every collection
- Using sterile collection sets for every donation
- Preparing the arm for donation with aseptic scrub
- Conducting donor health history checks to ensure donors are healthy on day of donation
The Community Blood Center of the Ozarks has also increased vigilance concerning some of these safety protocols including:
- Sanitizing donor beds between donors
- Rubber gloves for donors
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before entering and throughout the donation appointment
- Following social distancing practices between donors including donor beds, as well as waiting and refreshment areas
- Staff wearing basic face masks
- For the safety of our donor community and in accordance with CDC guidelines, all donors are required to wear a face covering. Please bring a face covering to your donation. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided to you by the Momentary.