Come celebrate the beginning of spring and the end of winter with Holi—the Indian festival of colors!
Presented in partnership with the Indian Cultural Association of NWA (ICANWA), the Holi Festival, also known as the Festival of Colors and the Festival of Love, marks the start of spring with vibrant colors, food, music, dancing, and more. The festival traditionally celebrates the vibrancy of life and the love of Radha Krishna, and has been observed in India for thousands of years.
While traditionally celebrated in 2023 on March 8, Northwest Arkansas’s Holi Festival takes place April to make the most of springtime. Come enjoy warmer weather with outdoor fun, a live DJ, traditional Indian foods, and more. Meet community partners out on the Momentary Green, or pick up an art kit from the Crystal Bridges Community Engagement team! Open to the community, free, and family friendly, this event is a great way to shake off the stress of a long winter.
See you there, and Happy Holi!
Free, no tickets required. Drop by anytime from 12 to 3 p.m.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Colorful Celebration: Holi pigment powder to throw and enjoy will be available for purchase at a nominal cash fee, so expect to get covered in color! The powder won’t stain and is non-toxic, but we do recommend dressing in clothes you don’t mind getting dirty just in case.
- Outdoor-Only Event: This event will take place outdoors on the Momentary Green, so dress appropriately! The Momentary building will be open, but, to protect the art on view inside, guests who have participated in the event will not be allowed indoors. If you’d like to explore the indoor galleries, we recommend bringing a change of clothes or coming early.
- Simple Parking: Event parking is available in the Momentary’s parking garage, located next to the 8th Street Market at 801 SE 8th Street.
- Fun Food and Drink: Hungry or thirsty? Fantastic traditional food and drinks will be available for purchase on the Momentary Green, as well as refreshing drinks at the nearby RØDE Bar. Cash is preferred for purchases when possible.
- Worried About the Weather? Keep an eye on our social media channels for the latest updates, or call our Inclement Weather Hotline at (479) 657-2488 to check on cancellations and relocations. This event will not be rescheduled if rained out.
Presented in partnership with the Indian Cultural Association of NWA (ICANWA).