Check Out What’s Going On at the Momentary.
From nationally acclaimed artists to homegrown musicians, music runs deep in all that we do at the Momentary.
Think music of the moment, infused with new ideas, and range anywhere from indie rock, hip hop, salsa, jazz, alt-country, experimental electronica, and progressive folk to exciting new forms that defy easy categorization.
The best part? We have several ways (and indoor and outdoor spaces) to enjoy live music with us.
Live on the Green Concert Series
Kick back and celebrate the return of live music as the Momentary brings together the most impactful musical acts of the past several decades on our outdoor greenspace, the Momentary Green.
Looking for some new music or a thoughtfully curated playlist? Check out the Momentary’s profile on Spotify, featuring new playlists by featured artists and the Momentary programming team. These playlists―or as we like to call them, mixtapes―feature artists who showcase the types of voices, genres, and musical styles you might hear at the Momentary along with some well-known classics and fresh cuts.
Concert and Festival Rules
Music events at the Momentary have their own rules and restrictions to keep everyone’s experience as enjoyable as possible, including limits on folding chairs, pets, and bags allowed into venues. Some events might have specific rules, changes, or additions to this list—check individual event listings for specific guidelines.
The following items are prohibited at music events at the Momentary:
- Metal, glass, or opaque plastic containers, including Camelback-style hydration packs/water reservoirs
- Empty clear plastic water bottles are permitted, and even encouraged for outdoor events—these can be filled water stations on the property.
- Outside food and drink, coolers, and picnic baskets. No pop-up shade tents or large umbrellas.
- For large capacity shows, chairs will not be permitted.
- This includes The Roots and Wu Tang Clan events.
- Kites, frisbees, inflatables (beach balls, balloons, chairs, etc.), air horns, and other noise-making devices.
- Musical instruments (FreshGrass Festival excluded)
- Laser pens or pointers, and other illumination devices
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Pets and other animals (Service Animals excluded)
- Fireworks, fuel, or other combustible materials
- iPads, tablets, or gaming devices
- Signs, posters, or other promotional materials (excluding merchandise purchased in the venue)
- Skateboards, scooters, or any wheeled devices other than ADA-compliant modes of transportation
- Professional-style cameras with detachable lenses, drones, selfie sticks or tripods, and audio or video recording devices
- The carrying of weapons and/or firearms is prohibited on the Momentary property, even if you have a permit. (This includes weapons of any kind, including, but not limited to, guns, knives, explosives, brass knuckles, tasers, mace, or pepper spray.)
New: Bag Policy
- Ticket holders are permitted to enter the venue with one clear bag that does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” or a single one-gallon plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Ticket holders may also carry a small clutch purse, no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap.
- All clear bags and clutch purses will be screened prior to entry into the venue. Security has final say on which bags will be permitted.
- Exceptions: Ticket holders who need medical supplies or devices, members of the working media, and diaper bags with an accompanying child will not be subject to the above bag policy, however these items will be subject to additional screening at the main entry gate. Learn more.
- The Momentary is a cashless venue for concerts and other large events.
- Smoking, vaping, and tobacco use are restricted to designated areas.
- A valid ID is required for all alcohol purchases and will be checked regardless of age.
- We do not permit re-entry to the venue once exited. Re-entry rules may vary by event.
- All bags, purses, blankets, and personal items are subject to inspection.