The Soul Rebels
with special guest Talib Kweli
Get ready to groove, move, and be moved by soul specialists, funk aficionados, and hip-hop heavyweights!
The Soul Rebels with special guest Talib Kweli are bringing their energy and infectiously funky blend of soul and hip-hop to the Momentary. Performing live in the RØDE House, The Soul Rebels’ brass beats and Talib Kweli’s smooth rhymes will have you ready to get up and get down for a night of great indoor music.
See you there.
Reserve your spot online or by calling the Box Office at (479) 657-2335 today.
Not a member yet? Join today to enjoy priority access to concerts and member-only events all year long.
Please allow 24 hours for new memberships purchased online to process before purchasing your member-priced ticket. To purchase your membership and tickets together today, call our member priority line at (479) 418-5728 or by emailing Memberships@CrystalBridges-theMomentary.org.
*Student tickets available to guests with a valid student ID, presented upon entry.
** Premium Group Seating tickets admission for four (you + three guests), a reserved table in a designated seating area, and dedicated table service. Limited quantity available.
ABOUT THE ARTISTS
The Soul RebeLS
The Soul Rebels started with an idea – to expand upon the pop music they loved on the radio and the New Orleans brass tradition they grew up on. They took that tradition and blended funk and soul with elements of hip-hop, jazz, and rock all within a brass band context. The band has built a career around an eclectic live show that harnesses the power of horns and drums in a deep pocket funk party-like atmosphere. The Soul Rebels continue to chart new territory as they feature in major films, tour globally, and combine top-notch musicianship with songs that celebrate dancing, life, funk, and soul.
Most recently The Soul Rebels wrapped up recording for their upcoming fall 2019 album, Poetry in Motion. The album will put the band front and center and showcase the wide breadth of musical genres and special collaborations that have come to identify the musically chameleon-like band.
After nearly 20 years of releasing mesmerizing music, Talib Kweli stands as one of the world’s most talented and most accomplished Hip-Hop artists. Whether working with Mos Def as one-half of Black Star, partnering with producer Hi-Tek for Reflection Eternal, releasing landmark solo material, or collaborating with Kanye West, Pharrell Williams, Just Blaze, J Dilla, or Madlib, Kweli commands attention by delivering top-tier lyricism, crafting captivating stories and showing the ability to rhyme over virtually any type of instrumental.
In 2011, Kweli founded Javotti Media, which is self-defined as “a platform for independent thinkers and doers.” Kweli has set out to make Javotti Media (which released his 2011 album, Gutter Rainbows, and is named after his paternal grandmother) into a media powerhouse that releases music, films, and books.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Entry: Entry to the concert is located just west of the parking garage. Please be ready to show your mobile/printed tickets along with a valid ID.
- Re-entry: No re-entry will be allowed for this show.
- Parking: Please park in our parking garage located next to the 8th Street Market at 801 SE 8th Street.
- Note: There is an 8′ height limit for the garage.
- Seating: With the exception of Premium Group Seating this is a standing room only show.
- Bag Policy: You can bring one clear bag into the venue that is not larger than 12” x 6” x 12”, or a single one-gallon plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar). Exceptions for diaper bags, medical devices, and media apply—learn more here.
- In addition, you can also carry a small clutch purse, no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap.
- Bags will be screened as you enter. Security has final say on what is and isn’t permitted.
- Fun Food and Drink: Hungry or thirsty? Enjoy fun beverages from the RØDE Bar before and during the show. No outside food or beverages will be allowed.
- Cashless Event: Bring your credit or debit cards as we’re 100% cash-less.
- Photos and Video: For this performance, no cameras will be permitted in the venue (phones are OK). Please leave all cameras, including point-and-shoot cameras, GoPros, tablets, professional cameras, drones, selfie sticks, tripods, detachable lenses, and audio or video recording devices at home.
WHAT TO BRING AND NOT BRING TO THE CONCERT
- Valid ID and tickets to present upon entry.
- Water fountains will be available filling stations. Empty plastic water bottles are encouraged to help stay hydrated. (No glass, metal, or opaque plastic containers.)
- Bring your credit or debit cards. The concert is 100% cash-less.
- One clear bag no bigger than 12” x 6” x 12”, or a single one-gallon plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar). You may also carry a small clutch purse, no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap.
- All clear bags and clutch purses will be screened prior to entry. Security has final say on which bags will be permitted.
- No outside food and drink, large bags, coolers, or ice chests.
- No folding chairs or blankets. This show is standing room only.
- No weapons or firearms of any kind are allowed, even if you have a permit.
- No laser pointers, glow sticks, and illuminating objects.
- No fireworks, fuel, or explosive materials of any kind.
- No skateboards, scooters, or wheeled devices other than ADA-compliant transport.
- No kites, frisbees, inflatables, or air horns.
- No illegal substances of any kind.
- No smoking or vaping will be allowed outside of designated smoking areas.
- No pets.
- No posters, signs, or promotional materials. Flyers and other promotional materials cannot be distributed on Momentary property without prior approval.
- No cameras or recording devices.
- Prohibited items will not be admitted or checked. Please leave these items at home or in your locked vehicle.